原句是: That all united
should fail to enlighten the competent enquirer in any case is almost
inconceivable.官方翻译是:若是所有这些特征加在一起尚不能令称职的刑案调查者眼前一亮,则是不可想象的。这是我在福尔摩斯《血字的研究》中看到的一...
原句:The same discount of 20% is being offered to
everyone at the door on a first-come-first-serve basis for the first month.句子是在一段对话中,此句是在介绍健身房的活动折扣这里的at the door 怎么理解呢在翻译里好像没有体现翻译为第一个月,每个人...
The house belongs to my aunt but she (
) here any more.A.hasn't lived B.didn't live C.hadn't lived D.doesn't live1. 答案是D项。专业老师,请教为什么不选A项?能不能解析?我觉得翻译成她现在已经不住这里,中文语法非常通顺,就想不通为什...
...would, they could find nobody in the house.2. Say what I would, he refused to go.3. Though we should expect gratitude, we often find the opposite.4. I'm telling you this so that you should not make a mistake.如何理解句中would和should的语义?还是它们只具有句法功能,没有词汇...
A: There's a cat trying to get in, shall I open the window?B: Oh, that cat is always coming here cadging(求食). (摘自章振邦《新编高级英语语法》p.322)逻辑上,这里的-ing分词分句cadging如何分析为宜?但是,一般认为,除了go doing外,-ing分词分句不作...
Confused? Welcome to the party. If there's one thing about Hello Kitty,
it's that she's proven adaptable and as much a study in contrasts during her
long career. 这句话的as much就是做状语吧,最后这个a study in 是不是一个固定短语?在这里怎么翻译?
...知道that引导宾语从句时可以省略。如:
I think you ought to try again. 我想你应该再试试。
I know that he has a very hard life. 我知道他日子过得很艰难。
We believe that he is honest. 我们相信他是诚实的。
I wish we had more money. 但愿我们有更...
Last April, she was invited to the White House and honored as a Hurricane Sandy Champion of Change.本句从2016年北京高考英语的阅读理解中引来。请问 Hurricane Sandy Champion of Change 是什么意思?尤其是其中的 Change 应该如何翻译?谢谢!
The children are to do their homework the moment they ______ back school.A. have arrived B. had arrivedC. will arrive D. would arrive这道题选择一般将来时还是现在完成时?